Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014: Looking Ahead

Now that I've capped the fun things we got to do in 2013, let's take a look at 2014.

We already rang in the new year in style... and by "in style" I mean we went to bed and laid there until midnight hit and then immediately went to sleep.  PARTY ANIMALS HERE!!!

New Year's Day we went to the Fiesta Bowl at University of Phoenix stadium in Glendale.  We were fortunate enough to get tickets for us and some good friends from Cassie's dad for free, courtesy of the Boy Scouts of America.  The game was fun, we didn't really care who won, and we all learned that the Baylor Bears love jazz hands and spirit fingers (their fans raise one hand in the air and attempt to make a bear claw, but they also twist their hand back and forth repeatedly, thus confusing the rest of us as to what exactly they are doing).

So what's ahead in 2014?  Well, I will be finishing my MBA program and Cassie will be finishing her Bachelor's.  We are planning a trip to Emmett Idaho and Bieber California sometime this summer to visit Cassie's family and my family because... well, because we want to see them and because of this thing:


That's a baby.  It's kind of hard to tell, but that's about as good of a picture as she ever gave us.  She's not exactly cooperative in there - beats to her own drum like her mom.  I'm in for a lot of fun...

So last year, and really the year before, were full of fun plans and fun trips throughout the year.  This year... not so much (with the exception of the trip we take to Idaho/California.  That will be fun.)  This year will bring a lot of new changes - baby, completion of degree programs (which could bring on other changes as well), and who knows what else.

This is what I do know -

1.  I have never felt more blessed in my life than I do right now.  I am married to my perfect companion - perfect as in she complements me perfectly.  I love her, and she loves me, and we are excited to embrace these changes together.

2.  I am going to be a dad!!! WEIRD!!!

3.  As much fun as all the things were that we've done the past couple years, I'm looking forward to focusing on baby and on other priorities this year - educationally, financially, spiritually, etc.  We have a lot  of work to do this year... and we are ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment