Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Good Year in Store

I'm pretty excited for the year ahead.  We did a lot of fun things in 2012, our first year together.  We went to San Francisco, had our honeymoon in Vegas, enjoyed the beach and some church historical stuff in San Diego, visited my family in Northern California - which included a fun fair and some site-seeing, went to the Forgotten Carols and The Nutcracker and so on and so forth.  We already have some plans in place to make this year just as fun.  Here is a list of a few of the things we have planned already for this year:

1.  See the previous post - I can check the Sonoran Hot Dog off my list!

2.  Wicked - I have heard so much about it, and Cassie has been wanting to see it, so when I saw that it is coming to Tucson this Spring, I jumped on that opportunity.

3. When we went to Las Vegas for our honeymoon last year, one of the shows I was most excited about was the Blue Man Group.  I loved it!  So much fun, energy, humor, and excitement.  Well, after getting tickets for Wicked, I noticed that Blue Man Group was also coming to Tucson this spring.  The tickets were pretty inexpensive, and I decided there was no way I could pass up this opportunity.  So Blue Man Group  take 2 will happen in April.

4.  Last summer we spent a few days outside Boise, Idaho at the Haws family reunion.  On the way home, we gave up our seats on our morning flight and agreed to take a flight later that day.  In return, we received two vouchers for $350 toward future flights.  We had to use the vouchers within a year.  $350 can cover a round-trip to flight to pretty much anywhere in the continental U.S., so we considered a few scenarios.  We thought about flying to New York, Boston, or DC and doing some site-seeing out there.  We considered going to Universal Studios Orlando and Harry Potter world.  We also thought about using the $350 toward flights to Hawaii.  In the end we decided on something that I am very, very excited about.  We are going to spend a few days visiting church history sites in Missouri and Illinois, with the bulk of our time spent in Nauvoo!  Cassie has been there before, but she wanted to go back to see the Nauvoo Pageant and to just spend some more time out there.  Other places we plan to visit are Liberty Jail, the Far West Temple Site, and Carthage.  Oh, and we're going to eat some BBQ in Kansas City.  I can't wait!

5.  The Wife has lived in Arizona her entire life and has never visited the Grand Canyon.  I find that many of my native AZ friends can say the same.  I find this to be a little sad, and I too have never been to the Grand Canyon.  While we aren't 100% sure when we will go there (maybe sometime in May or after the summer), we will definitely be making a trip there this year.

In addition to these plans, we will also most likely visit my family around fair time again, and I am sure we will end up making it to the beach again sometime.  We are definitely taking advantage of the time we have before Cassie finally lets me have a baby... until then we will enjoy our lack of responsibility!


4 comments:

  1. We did a Nauvoo trip a few years ago. We really loved it. We also saw lots of the Missouri sites and had BBQ in Kansas City. Basically, we took the trip you're going to take. You're in for a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear! I hope it was better than your experience with bacon soda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when you're in Kansas City. I'm planning on moving out there in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fo sho! You must find the best BBQ restaurant in Kansas City and tell me about it when I get there. I usually just go off of what I learn from watching Man vs. Food. Because of that, I'm planning on eating at Oklahoma Joe's when I get there. Yelp has backed MVF up on this one.

    ReplyDelete