Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Goals

So it is almost a full month into the New Year and I have not made many changes. However, come February things are really going to change.

First, while looking at Pinterest the other day I found this woman's blog that had great recipes and how to prep them so that there would be leftovers and each dinner would cost less than six dollars a person. After looking at that blog I became really excited about planning meals for the month. So I took it upon myself to work out a meal plan for all of February. Meals include chicken dishes, crock pot dishes, casseroles, and a couple meals made by Joe. Unlike goals that have been set before this one is going to work out! :) We have already made progress toward keeping our goal by going shopping for all the ingredients we needed for the next week of meals. Yay for good home cooked food and less eating out!

Second, I decided that in order to save money I need to be putting aside much of my paycheck. Yeah shopping is fun, but I can imagine how much fun being able to get a house would be. So Joe and I have started putting most of my paychecks into saving and leaving me only enough to get the things I need, like gas for my car. I was an extremely poor college student before I married Joe, having a good paying job has ruined me and now I am trying to pretend that I am an extremely poor college student once again.

Third, my sister-in-law Linsey is planning to put together a team to do a 5k run in Yuma, AZ called Color Me Rad. Pretty much contestants can run or walk as a team or individuals and at different stages of the run they have colored cornstarch thrown at them which colors their clothes and skin. I have heard more than once how awesome these color festivals and races are, so although I am nowhere near in shape to run a 5k I have 67 days to train. AHHH!!! Ok I can do this. I had already planned to get into better shape earlier this month by buying a Latin dance exercise pack... but it hasn't been opened yet. Yeah I should work on that, starting tomorrow. Looks like I will be looking at Pinterest to learn the best ways to get into shape so I do not feel like passing out at the Color Me Rad race.

Well for now that seems like a good amount of goals to focus on. I probably will think of some more but enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment